Thursday, July 9, 2009

The TFSA account with Ing direct for Canadians

I was visiting over at Saving for later's blog and she had mentioned about the TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account) with Ing. It has a 3% interest rate on the money you put into your tfsa account. I looked into it and put 1/2 of our emergency fund in there which would be $500. I just couldn't seem to put the whole $1000 which we have saved thus far into it. I am off from work for the summer so maybe that is why.

I am also not sure how much we can contribute into our savings as we do have debt to pay down/off. At the end of this month I will be contributing to our Freedom account for our irregular expenses which by the way will be ongoing each and every month while still paying down debt.

I am still proud of dh and I though, even when we fall down with life's happenings we just brush ourselves off and continue on with our goal for financial freedom :).

3 comments:

Canadian Saver said...

The TFSA rocks! Remember that you can pull out your money at any time, it's never locked in, so you may want to put in more than $500...

Heather said...

Thanks! I thought so but wasn't sure lol. On my way to do that now :D

MeAndCraig said...

Hey Heather...
Where you been???
Come on and update your blog!!!
I'm still blogging at my Iowa Hippiechick blog... but mostly at http://meandcraig.blogspot.com.
Stop over and say hi,
Hope all is well!!!
dawn hild